THE MAGIC OF THOUGHT - By Gary R. Robertson
- The most impressionable time in our day is just before turning off the light for the night as we go to sleep. (22)
- "Thoughts create action, and action creates thoughts." (26)
- "Destiny is not a matter of chance, it is a matter of choice; it is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved." -William Jennings Bryan (38)
- Note to self - "My subconscious mind is goal-driven. If I give it the goal it will respond. It cannot think but much be programmed to give me the answer." (39)
- "Pay yourself first." (49)
- "I'll pay myself first, save and invest regularly. I will control my spending and I will accumulate $2500,000.00 0r $2,500,000.00. As I save money I will feel more confident. I will command more respect, and I will build a war chest of money that will provide me with great comfort." (49)
- Write out on paper that you will save an invest. Write that you will need more money during your retirement years because health care will cost more, you will want to trade your car every five years, and that you will live into old age in good health. Write that you don't want to be a burden to anyone financially and that you would like to leave money behind to take care of your spouse, or children. (50)
- "There is absolutely no long-term success without the use of super-conscious thought." - G R Robertson (53)
- List of things that consume people and destroy their chances of success: (58)
- Lack of clear goals and a well-defined purpose in life.
- Poor self-control, and no self-discipline.
- Unhealthy habits, and negative thoughts.
- Overeating foods you know are bad for your health.
- Overindulging in smoking, alcohol or drugs.
- Lack of proper physical exercise.
- Procrastination, and indecision.
- Falling for the "get-rich-quick" plan. Gambling.
- Buying beyond your means can lead to failure
- Being too thrifty can result in missed opportunities.
- Prejudice. We are all human beings.
- Being unhappy.
- Lack of enthusiasm.
- Giving up.
- He doesn't ask what others are doing; he just gets along with his life. (67)
- "In order to be successful, you must be creative, and the more creative a person is, the more opportunities they have in life." (70)
- "I will live life to its fullest, and I will always be positive. I know that my brain is made up of conscious mind for conscious decision-making and a subconscious for storage and working on goals. The two will work in partnership. I know that a full and rewarding life requires creativity and I will always be creative, giving my life my very best. I will remain in good health and I will eat and drink to that end. I will employ my subconscious mind consciously, daily." (74)
- Look "Important" - it helps you "Think" important. (75)
- "I have done a great job where I work but there is little room for advancement, so I will find a new job paying more, with better hours. I have a lot to offer my new employer and when I get this new job, I will be recognized for my work. I will read this note everyday until my goal has been reached, and I will remain positive and upbeat. I have a spouse who has given a great deal of support to me, and we will be much better off in one year's time. I have loving children and I want to do better, so that I can hold myself out as a good, hard working parental example. I am confident in my abilities and I am willing to make any necessary changes to increase my education to whatever level, so I can acquire a new position." (93)
- WRITE SOMETHING FOR YOURSELF!!
- Your subconscious mind requires ego building. (95)
- "Be still and know that I am God." - words to help us through troubling times. (98)
- "I know of no more encouraging fact than the unquestionable ability of man to elevate his life by conscious endeavour." -Thoreau (98)
- If I set a time-dated goal, why make it four years hence when one year would have sufficed? (100)
- Price yourself to yourself. (102)
"I bargained with Life for a penny,
And Life would pay no more,
However I begged at evening
When I counted my scanty score.
For Life is a just employer,
He gives you what you ask,
But once you have set the wages,
Why, you must bear the task.
I worked for a menial's hire,
Only to learn dismayed,
That any wage I asked of Life
Life would have willingly paid."
-J B Rittenhouse (102)
- Live life with enthusiasm and conviction! (116)
- Your prescription: (120)
- I believe in the "Magic of Thought." -- I will be happy.
- I live in a world full of miracles and each day offers new opportunities and new beginnings. -- I will be happy.
- Read this message (take) with intensity ten times a day. Read again just before shutting off the light for the night and read first thing in the morning.
- Recommended dosage: Ten times a day or the rest of your life.
- "Man is on earth to serve!" (140)
- His goal with direction gave him a purpose. (141)
- Building relationships with those we meet are so important to our purpose. (143)
- If we could understand how fragile our lives are and place a thought into our minds on the importance of each of us to one another, would be build better relationships? (145)
- Pick your friends and build better relationships with those people. Do it knowing full well that they can let you down, and when they do, be prepared to overlook let -- downs. None of us are perfect. Don't carry a grudge. (145)
- Remember the magical words, "I care." (146)
- I pictured myself taking a large handful of French fries and squeezing them as hard as I could, to extract all the grease that was clinging to the fries. I would visualize the grease dripping from my hand and that was enough for me. (152)
- "Destiny is not a matter of change, it is a matter of choice; it is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved." - William Jennings Bryan (152)
- It has been proven that our brain is physical and changed by what we do, think, and eat. (155)
- "Get off coffee." Tea was OK. - Chinese medicine man (160)
- "You've got one go in life, so make the most of it." - Richard Branson's Grandmother (169)
- A trigger is a word or phrase that you can use to move you from one conscious thought to another, to activate preprogrammed positive thoughts that you have in your subconscious mind. (170)
- All man made objects require some sort of switch - a "trigger," to get the energy flowing! Are you any different? Does your "brain" require a trigger to release its energy? (174)
- "They never identified the most important talent of all. Its the ability to connect with people, mind to mind - soul to soul." (178)